THIS IS MY ART. EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Feast ya peepers on Rev. Wayne Austin Goodchild's "ART".

I don't really admire any particular artists, although I grew up on a heavy diet of Whoopee!, Funny Fortnightly, Whizzer & Chips, and Buster.

I don't follow any particular movement, although I do admire Futurism because I like sharp angles.

I don't use any particular colour scheme because it says something deep and mysterious about the human condition, although I don't think pastels should only be the propriety of old ladies and Miami Vice.

I don't believe in any particular manifesto, although I do highly admire the use of space. Too many artists and graphic designers clutter their work by filling every available inch with imagery. True, sometimes it works, but I think that it's perhaps even more important to leave massive blank areas.

That's it. Take from that what you will. I hope you like my work, but no worries if it's not your cup of tea. After all, art is subjective, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And you're wrong. Just kidding! Although you are still wrong.

Saturday, 27 June 2009

GREASE PAINT AND MONKEY BRAINS

The title comes from a song by White Zombie, off their ace album Astro-Creep 2000. This is a complimentary piece for a short story of the same name. That's currently out there in internet land trying to find a home, but in the meantime you can eyeball this 'grimy' version of the poster which crops up in the story. Click the title next to it for a bigger version, and if you get asked for a password, put: skulls4hands

Photobucket GREASE PAINT AND MONKEY BRAINS

No comments:

Post a Comment